Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Jenzy): 27yrs old
Hero (Chris): 29yrs old
Cheating: h started to date another man when she separated from H
HEA: yes but would have preferred an epilogue set 10 or 20 years later to see whether they were still good to each other and had kids
Triggers: h dates and makes out with another man whilst still technically married to H
Average score: 4/5
Best Line: “I wasn’t going to lose the woman that owned my heart because I’d developed into a prick.”
H: “I can sell any house. I could be a fairy realtor”
Worst Line: h: “I just have to be better”
This was a good grovelly second-chance romance between a real estate agent, who was an ass to his wife, and a new-age doula in training.
- Wow, he really did treat her like an annoying kid in the beginning
- Their first meeting was pretty cute
- I was proud of Todd for being there for Jenzy
- Oh my God, the dress shop scene was so funny
- Urgh, did not need to know that he dated married women before meeting the h
- So many moments in this story that I cracked up…
- I was not expecting this book to be so funny!
- The pot brownies made the love the hero
- The hero’s behaviour to win he back was endearing for the first 70% of the story but then it turned into domineering which was annoying
- I was proud of her for finally yelling at him instead of being positive all the time
- That letter…