Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Laire): 18/24yrs old – 3/5
Hero (Erik): 21/27yrs old – 4/5
Cheating: H led on OW whilst secretly dating the h
HEA: yes with a meagre epilogue of a few weeks
Average score: 3/5
Best Line: “I’m still your Erik. I’ll always be your Erik. No matter what.”
Worst Line: “Would it bother you if I hung out a lot with another girl?”
I have realised now, after reading tons of secret-baby romances, that I find it reprehensible that a heroine would rather be sexually satisfied BEFORE telling the hero that he is the father
The story would have been a solid 4 star but the rating reduced because she withheld the knowledge of his child from him and instead was planning and looking forward to having sex with him again
- That crabs line was funny
- I loved how her naiveté made him stumble in the beginning but hated how he used it to manipulate her
- The ‘social media speak’ in her journal didn’t make sense considering her background
- I was disappointed in her for not telling him when they reunited
- Erik was a great hero
- Wait! What? You can’t end like that…what was the secret?!!