Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Bryan): 24yrs old
Hero (Eilish): 30yrs old
HEA: yes but a ‘several weeks later’ epilogue is not good enough
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: “I got a new plant, and it’s been alive for a month.”
Worst Line: “I may have made some poor choices in my time, but at least I could say I was never stupid enough to get anyone pregnant.”
A good second chance romance between a single mother and a recovering alcoholic.
- Not the best of first impressions but I’ve read worse
- In this case, I was ok with her not telling him she was pregnant – serves him right to sleeping with people and then not remembering them – who knows how many illegitimate kids he’s got running around!
- Josey was expecting too much from her
- Loved her protectiveness over her son
- The one thing that annoys me in ‘secret baby romances’ is when the h tells herself she needs to tell the H about his child but then things get in the way JUST when she is about to tell him!! Luckily that didn’t happen in this story (much)
- I lost all respect for the h when she said she was dating Will
- Things went downhill surprisingly fast
- What happened to the plant? There was no mention of it at the end!