Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Lucy): 28yrs old
Hero (Joshua): early 30s?
Cheating: H asks h to go on a date and kiss another man after kissing her
HEA: yes but would liked an epilogue
Average score: 5/5
Best Line: so many good ones like: “Smurfs, huh? So that’s what those little boxes are. I thought maybe you were buying your tiny clothes online.”
Worst Line: “There’s nothing left you can do to me. You win today.”
A great first novel by this author – a good combination of witty banter, cringe moments, gruff and silent hero and charming and cute heroine.
- I loved that she was a genuine book nerd
- Great banter
- OMG, I forgot about smurfs!
- All the small jokes were so maddeningly funny because I know the frustrations of being short
- Her parents were great – loved that her dad said Joshua needed to do some grovelling
- Silent, hot and gruff heroes are my absolute favourite!
- I wanted to punch his dad in the face
- I was disappointed in Elaine for not being a good mother and telling her husband off for the way he treated Josh