Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Cam): 30yrs old?
Hero (Calvin): 33yrs old
Grovel: heartfelt by the hero
Cheating: none – plus they both have been celibate for a long time
HEA: yes with babies (who had perfect names!)
Average score: 5/5
Best Line: “And it’s pulled back in one those ridiculous man buns that no man has any business wearing.” – finally, a heroine who hates man-buns as much as I do!
Worst Line: none
A great slow-burn romance between a quiet footballer and a determined teacher.
- I liked that she had the confidence to leave at their first introduction
- I don’t get why she calls her mum by her first name
- Sam was a cutie
- Amber was cool
- The food scene was pretty funny
- The start reminded me a lot of ‘The Wall of Winnipeg’ which I loved
- I LOVE Shrek-like heroes!!
- The letter confused me
- Children are a tough deal breaker in any relationship