Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Ella): 17yrs old – 5/5
Hero (Reed): 18/19yrs old? – 2/5
Cheating: none technically because neither the h or H are together in the whole book but see triggers
HEA: cliffhanger – part of a series
Triggers: h makes out with H’s brother…more than once, attempted rape (NOT by the Royals), some OW drama
Average score: 4/5
Best Line: “My life is mine. I live it. I control it.”
Worst Line: “I can handle two years of sexual come-ons and personal putdowns from the Royal boys.”
This was a rollercoaster of a fucked up ‘love story’ between a stubborn, street-smart girl and an asshole, manwhore guy who just decides to hate her for no reason. I deliberately waited until all parts of this story was out before starting because I hate cliffhangers.
- I liked the strength in the h
- It’s a really engaging start and there are so many minefields…reserving judgement yet
- I was so desperate for the h to not lose herself and not become a mindless WASP
- Why was Reed the lead when he wasn’t even the oldest?
- I liked that she made friends with Valerie
- A good chunk of me was screaming at her to get away from the Royals
- I usually hate reading YA/NA books because I hate the bullying bullshit that goes in high schools and I have no desire to relive it but the h in this book is keeping me interested
- I started to become so paranoid whilst reading this story that I questioned everyone’s motives including people who she thought were her friends
- The Royal brothers are some seriously twisted assholes
- She recovered very quickly from the attempted rape
- I felt like I was going to throw up at that ending