Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Katherine): 32yrs old – 5/5
Hero (Nick): 34yrs old – 5/5
HEA: yes but would have liked a better epilogue
Triggers: 9/11 attack, PTSD
Average score: 4.5/5
Best Line: “You’re afraid. That’s okay. But it’s not going to stop you.”
Worst Line: “Nico, what if you don’t like the person you get to know?”
This was a great story of survival and overcoming fears and traumas. The hero was a great support to the heroine.
It would have been a 5 star read if it had a decent epilogue and NOT one set 2 goddamn weeks after the previous chapter (short epilogues like these are starting to become a pet peeve of mine).
- It surprised me that Matt was his twin, he sounded a lot like a younger brother
- Yay! A romance with a couple who are NOT in their twenties!!
- I really felt for the h in the beginning – panic attacks are so debilitating
- I was looking forward to the moment when the H realises he was all wrong about the h
- Matt was funny with the dick-falling-off joke
- Manbuns are sooooo not my thing
- It was hotter than I expected but I’m not complaining!
- The hair talk was sweet and funny
“Pulling you close and holding you tightly”