Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Freya): 28yrs old
Hero (Ridley): 30s?
HEA: yes with baby
Triggers: in love with dead wife
Average score: 3/5
Best Line: “Ridley was sexy, sure. But Wolf was to die for.” – because I have never read a romance were the h thinks another man is hotter than her man
Worst Line: all the remarks about his dead wife
I knew before reading this book that the H’s wife had been killed a while ago but I was expecting him to be at the stage of moving on and being open to a new relationship. What I got instead was reference after reference of his love for his dead wife.
- If he was such a family man then why hasn’t he spent time with his brother’s children?
- Stop telling me about your fucking love for your dead wife…I want to read about your love for the h otherwise what is the point in calling this a romance??!!
- I didn’t get the ‘fuc’ thing
- The apple pie bit was really funny
- Again, I felt this story was missing chunks, just like Lani’s previous book
- Why couldn’t she stay in her own home?
Please let the next one be better