Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Ryen): 18yrs old – 2/5
Hero (Misha): 18yrs old – 4/5
Grovel: h needed to do a heck of a lot of grovelling
HEA: yes with pregnancy
Triggers: teenage bullying
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: H: “You can say whatever you want,” I retort. “Doesn’t make it true.”
Worst Line: h: “I just want to get through the day as easily as possible. No matter who I step on to do it.”
This was another classic teenage love story between two people who hate each other. I hated the h and I understood the H.
This had tones of Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ ‘Aint She Sweet’ which was about a teenage prom queen who was very mean to others (I loved that book!). But the difference is she ATONED for her sins and she GREW UP!! Whereas Ryen did none of that.
- I liked the old fashioned letter writing
- The banter was great
- I was disappointed to find out the h was one of those girls – the leader of the popular mean girls
- Does she keep an inhaler up her hoo-haa?????
“I quickly reach under my skirt and pull out the inhaler I usually keep hidden there.”
- The more I read, the more I start to hate the h – I don’t care what she is thinking – it’s actions that count and she is truly a mean girl
- Poor Manny
- I was cheering him on each and every time he embarrassed the h in school – she deserved it
- I guessed who his ‘cousin’ was
Penelope Douglas specialises in ‘Hate-Love-Mean’ romances
Ryen needed to stop acting liking a whiney bitch…