Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Lennie): 25yrs old – 1/5
Hero (Tyler): 28yrs old – 3/5
Triggers: OW drama
Average score: 2/5
Best Line: “You should be a disappointment to yourself, Lennie, and the fact that you’re not is unnerving.”
Worst Line: h: “I’ve found I have a lot to offer the world and it feels like I’m cheating someone out of that gift if I stay in one place for very long.”
This was a supposed love story between a selfish heroine who would rather annoy others than be a better human being and a reclusive hero whose ex-fiance cheated on him with his older brother.
- The h is not my type but I will continue in the hopes she becomes less obnoxious
- 20% in and I was hoping that the h was dying so her actions made sense – if she wasn’t dying then she was immensely annoying
- I get what the author was trying to do with the h but I still found her to be too up herself with her ‘holier than thou’ attitude
- The H has an extremely toxic family
- When she didn’t tell him…
- I don’t get why the h felt angry or betrayed all the time…she has nothing to be angry about!! She’s rich and doesn’t work, has parents who care about her, has a loyal sister who would do anything for her and a man who loves her! She put them through hell by being so melodramatic and immature
- The book cover is misleading – this ‘romance’ is no way as sweet as the couple on the front
I just feel a lot of hatred right now