Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Jessica): 33yrs old – 3/5
Hero (Cooper): 36yrs old – 4/5
Cheating: yes – h makes out with the H whilst she still has a ‘fuck-buddy’
HEA: yes but not a satisfying epilogue for me as there were no babies and not much of a time lapse but this is probably because this book is part of a series
Triggers: some OW drama, child sex abuse (no explicit details)
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: “There was no way to get people out of your blood once they were in.”
Worst Line: “Andrew and I had been at this whole fuck-buddy thing for about three years now on and off.”
This was a good romance between a disillusioned doctor and a bar owner who had been burned in the past.
This story is very clearly part of a series as there were some loose ends but I did like the secondary characters and look forward to the next book.
- Didn’t enjoy reading about the h’s ‘fuck buddy’
- Sarah’s story was sad
- I would love to read Emery’s story….not so sure about Jack though
- The cheesy jokes were great!
- I don’t understand why it took so long for her to break up with her ‘fuck buddy’
- The h made some monumental mistakes
- I liked Cat
- The scene with George had me in tears