Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Lea): 2/5
Hero (Shane): 3/5
HEA: yes with cute babies
Triggers: h had a fucked up childhood, h was raped multiple times by her abusive ex (no explicit details)
Average score: 2.5/5
Best Line: “I wasn’t raising boys,” Helen said with an unapologetic shrug. “I was raising men. Men who would become husbands and fathers one day. No woman wants to marry a man who can’t stick to boundaries. And no father can do a good job if he doesn’t learn about laying down the law.”
Worst Line: “I stayed…”
This romance had a great start but had a fairly lacklustre middle and ending. The epilogue with the kids was great though.
- Again, thanks to the author for the list of triggers on her website
- I am in love with Helen!!
- I have to say, I was a little disappointed that Shane owned the property but pleased when he fixed it up for her
- I enjoyed the family banter
- I am not ashamed to say that I judge people who stay in abusive relationships – the h disappointed me with this considering she was always talking about how strong and independent she was