Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Gillian): 29yrs old – tried too hard – 2/5
Hero (Jake): 38yrs old – didn’t try at all – 2/5
HEA: unsatisfying ending but still HEA
Triggers: epic manwhore (woman’s names in his phones are recorded with location first THEN the name e.g. Vegas-Emily)
Average score: 2.5/5
Best Line: this scene was so bad it was good!:
“This was his apartment. I’d just brought him here for a one-night stand and given him a tour of his own fucking apartment…”
Worst Line: “For pilots, there was even an art to effortlessly jetting from city to city, landing in hotel after hotel, and fucking a different woman every night.”
“One, no pussy is that good for me to want to continue to fuck it more than a few times in a row. Including yours. Two, you strike me as the ‘want a boyfriend’ type and three, see my previous number one.”
This was a train wreck of a love story. The writing was compelling but the characters were not very likeable in my opinion.
- Wow…what a compelling start!
- Someone needs to do a poll: Do romance readers think a hero is more appealing if they are told about his sex life with other women? Yes or No? because romance authors are writing like as if we enjoy reading H’s sexual exploits with OW
- The magician thing was funny and the sarcasm was great
- I am really struggling to feel for the manwhore Hero…at least he was sweet to Jeff
- Hmmm…there is something about the H (possible Schizophrenic/Bipolar/OCD??)
- I love ‘underachieving’ siblings in romances
- Ben needed a good punch/kick in the balls
- The scene where she was taking him to ‘her place’ made me cringe!
- I was confused why they both wanted to disarm the security camera AND how they both knew how to do it
- What’s with all of the secrets?!
- Wow, this book sure is set in a world full of bastards and bitches
- I don’t even know if I am supposed to like the characters…so confused
- And of course she lets him fuck her after his asshole-ish ways…EVERY DAMN TIME
- KayTroll was funny
- There are plotholes…what was the secret? what did his brother do? what happened to his mother?
This was, by far, the funniest line in the whole book…
h:“I walked away for the final time.”
…because she always ran back to him and gave in