Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Jessica): 30yrs old
Hero (Keir): 38yrs old
HEA: yes but no babies
Triggers: suicide attempt, child sexual abuse
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: “My nature is to rise above the hardships the best I can.” And
H: “I want the woman that will wow me, knock me off my feat, make me come after her over and over again just for another second of her time”
Worst Line: “I’m damaged goods in so many ways and the only man who would want to be with me has to be damaged himself.”
This was an ok romance between two survivors. I really got into the first half of the story but then the main characters started to play on my nerves a bit.
- Prologue…and I’m hooked!
- Mark was an asshole…I don’t trust relationships were couples live together for several years but don’t get married…something is up and it’s always bad
- Loved that Christina verbally kicked Marks’ arse
- Great ‘Friends’ reference
- I’m not fond of picky eaters
- I started to get vibes that they are both alcoholics
- The toe stuff made me gross out
- I wasn’t comfortable with how easily he lied to her
- A lost some faith in the h because her younger sister went through so much and yet did not complain once and always stood by the h…it made the h appear selfish
“I am strong. I have armor. A bulletproof heart and resolve of steel. I don’t need anyone but me. But of course the truth is that my armor has chinks. My heart has cracks. And the steel is corroding at the edges. I do need someone.”