Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Franka): 35yrs old? – 4/5
Hero (Noc): 38yrs old – 4/5
HEA: yes with babies
Triggers: abuse, some OW talk
Average score: 4/5
Best Line: “There is no such thing as a hero. Just a person doing the right thing in more than the usual, extreme circumstances.”
Worst Line: “You simply have to pull the cord and demand it of a servant” – I hate entitled people
This was a good finale to the FantasyLand series. I bit long but that’s typical of KA books. The H was not as annoying and arrogant as the H’s in her other series but he was still obviously a KA hero.
- Very confusing start
- Wait, I’m confused, did he or did he not fuck Circe?! Oh yes he did
- What the fuck is this guy on…how dare he define women by their hair colour – dating blondes but ‘knowing’ he would eventually get with a brunette!
- Wow, her parents were a piece of work
- I felt more for the heroine after the abuse and I respected her for keeping the scars
- Out of everything that happened…it was Josette’s loyalty which brought tears to my eyes
- The hero redeemed himself with the way he looked out for the h AND he didn’t appear to be like Kristen Ashley’s other ‘over-the-top’ heroes…well not a lot anyway
- I liked that we got to witness Dax and Circe together
- Urgh, it felt incredibly awkward when Circe was commenting on the way Noc kisses with Franka
- I was confused with the whole birth control thing because they talked like as if they wanted children right away but then he told her to get on the pill?