Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Ava): 25yrs old – 2/5
Hero (Dimitri): 31yrs old – 3/5
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Triggers: human trafficking
Average score: 1/5 – DNF
Best Line: This right here made him my hero:
“There was no one looking out for the lost souls swallowed up by the city. But he would.”
This was a dark romance between a ‘princess’ who gets whatever she wants and a bastard (and I mean bastard in the literal sense of him being born out of wedlock) guy who just wants his father’s approval but never gets it.
This was such a long story that I gave up around 50% and just skipped to the end.
- It took a while to get into the flow of the story
- I enjoyed the h’s stubbornness
- The h was a bit of a spoilt princess
- I have to say, I lost the plot a little around 35%
- Ava’s relationship with John Paul creeped me out