Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Lane): 26yrs old – 4/5
Hero (Kale): 29yrs old – 4/5
Grovel: although the H was heartfelt in his love for the h, I still wanted more from him
Cheating: h kissed H after her friend died – H had a girlfriend
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Triggers: both sleep with other people after their one night stand, H had a baby with OW, attempted rape
Average score: 4/5
Best Line: “If it’ll make you smile, I’ll be the biggest freak this world has ever seen.”
Worst Line: “I love both of you.”
This was a second-chance love story between two best friends who hurt each other and came together at a time of need.
- The h did come across as immature at times especially when she found out her bully from school now worked in her nanny’s store
- So much angst!
- The shopping trip was sweet
- It takes a lot of strength to leave family and to follow your heart
- The H’s response to h’s feelings towards him made no sense to me – how dare he put it on her for not telling him when he was the one in the wrong multiple times!!
- Why did he keep calling her ‘kid’?
- I am pleased that both of them were celibate during the six year separation
“Family love is everything”