Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Elissa): 25yrs old – 4/5 – I admired her strength but did not agree with every choice she made
Hero (Liam): 28yrs old – 2/5 – this guy was such an asshole – he truly played me for a fool because I believed him every time he apologised and promised not to hurt the h but he ended up hurting the h EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Grovel: H did explain why he behaved the way he did but I still wanted to smash his face in…on behalf of the h for what he put her through
Cheating: yes – H cheats on his fiancée by flirting with the h
Triggers: H has a fiancée and h has to witness them ‘acting’ out love scenes on stage but H says he has never had sex with the fiancée
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: so many funny lines including: “If sitting on the couch eating cheese were a sport, right now I’d be the Olympic champion.”
Worst Line: H to h about his fiancée: “Yes, I love her,” he says quietly.“I’m lucky to be marrying my best friend. Not everyone gets that chance.”
This was an angst-filled romance between forbidden lovers. At times I hated it and at times I loved it.
- I liked that the h wasn’t all over the H at their first meeting and remained professional – it made me respect her more
- Loved the banter
- The phone messages were just too cute
- I teared up at their first downfall…my heart hurt for Elissa but she was strong!
- Why is it that when the H comes on to the h, it ends up being the h who apologises even though it was the H who started it (and he has a fiancée)
- I don’t get what everyone saw in Angel, she was too ‘Mean Girl’ for me especially when they went wedding dress shopping
- I love Josh!