Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Jenn): 39yrs old – 2/5
Hero (Jack): 40yrs old – 3/5
HEA: yes, with babies!
Triggers: some OW drama
Average score: 2.5/5
Best Line: nothing that stood out to me
Worst Line: quite a few bad lines but this one encapsulated their relationship: “Ok, Jack”
This was a mediocre romance between a VERY immature journalist and an alpha sheriff. It would have been a better book, for me, if the heroine wasn’t so goddamn annoying!
- The names just made me think of Jack and Jill
- I usually don’t like romances where the significant other is dead and the h or H were genuinely in love with the dead ‘soulmate’ – for me it makes the love less ‘genuine’ between the h and H
- I wish the h was smarter and didn’t make so many ridiculous choices
- If I didn’t know how old the h was I would think she was in her early 20s with the way she thought about things
- The h is very good at leading men on and being ‘innocent’
- The birth scene was funny…especially Jack’s reaction
Link to Book: