Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Justice): can’t figure out how to pronounce her name – Jussy like ‘hussy’ or ‘juicy’?
Hero (Deke): your typical KA hero
HEA: yes but very disappointed
Triggers: none that I can remember
Average score: 2/5 – was so tempted to give this a 1 star but I have read worse
Best Lines: Jus to Krys: “I don’t like to see women crying in their cars and being down on themselves.”
H to h: “Didn’t find her, that didn’t mean I wasn’t looking,” he said strangely in answer. Then he went on to explain the strange. “She proved difficult to find. Still was lookin’ and not about to bang some woman ungloved and pass on shit I wouldn’t want her to have. This is good seein’ as one day she just upped and walked into Bubba’s.” – this was the best explanation that I have heard from a man explaining his sleeping around in the past – not too much details but enough to know he did sleep around
Worst Lines: all the repetition and I am too lazy to list them all out here
There was a time that I was like this with KA books:
Now I am more like this…
Finishing this book was hard work and I had to take a lot of breaks.
- Enjoyed the music playlist
- I hate manbuns…sorry not my thing
- Still don’t like Bubba – Krys deserves better
- I liked that Deke had a stomach
- I loved Mr T but Maverick needed a good ass-kicking
- I found myself skipping junks in the middle because it was getting confusing with all the talk about the secondary characters (especially Bianca and Tony)
- It is starting to become a chore to read these books but I am in it till the end because I love an epic epilogue but then this happened:
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY EPILOGUE WITH BABIES???!!! The ONLY good thing about KA books nowadays and this doesn’t even have it
Formulaic and repetitive…