Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Joss): 5/5 – 25yrs old
Hero (River): 5/5 – 28yrs old – I wanted to give him a hug
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Average score: 4.5/5
Best Lines:h to H: “You have a really good heart, River. You just need to learn how to use it”
Worst Lines: H: “I’m lucky I didn’t splooge in my underwear before she even got them off.” – what the fuck is ‘splooge’?!
This was an emotional read between a hard, blind, vulnerable businessman and a determined, soft and stubborn chef.
I loved the whole story and I completely understood why River acted like a douche at times. I also very much enjoyed the secondary characters (apart from Sebastien).
- The hero’s blindness made for an interesting introduction to the heroine
- Loved Nina’s and Joss’s friendship
- This is going to sound strange but I wish they didn’t quickly jump to sex when, instead, they could get to know each other more
- I loved the dads…”Oh, and no pressure, but when one of them gets married, both Dan and I walk down the aisle with our girl”
- That ending completely wrecked me
River: “If only I could see the stars”