Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Thia): 4/5
Hero (Bear): 3/5
Cheating: none but see triggers
Triggers: in detail description of H’s past exploits with OW and I mean IN DETAIL!
Average score: 3/5
Best Lines: h: “I don’t think Bear is my hero. I don’t need him to be my hero. Love isn’t about wanting a hero, it’s about wanting to be one for the other person.”
Worst Lines: the whole scene with Preppy and the voyeurism
“It creeped me the fuck out.” (Bear)
This was a darker conclusion, to the previous book, than I expected but it had a happy ending which is good. It’s not something that I would read again.
- Do rape/death scenes really have to be THAT descriptive in romances (dark or not)? I mean, who gets enjoyment from reading stuff like that in detail? Just tell me briefly and move on (or rather, don’t include it in romances!)
- I don’t understand why the author felt the need to tell me, in detail, the weird fetishes of Preppy of which the H was also involved in – it didn’t add to the story in any way but it did reduce my rating
- Rage is interesting, I hope she gets a story
- Also, who has sex near a dead body?! AND THEN PROPOSES???!!!
- Grace made me cry
- I don’t think I want to read anything about Preppy…too dark for me