Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Xanthe): 29yrs – 4/5
Hero (Oliver): 26yrs – 3/5 – he needed to do a bit of growing up
Grovel: wish the h held out a little more after the first epic mistake by the H
Cheating: H went on a date with OW just to hurt h
HEA: yes but not a very good epilogue
Triggers: Thanks to the author for the trigger warnings at the beginning of the book
- Marijuana use by main characters
- In detail description of H remembering fucking other woman and how much he enjoyed it
- Author states it is a dark read but none of what I read in this was ‘dark’
Average score: 3.5/5
Best Line: H: “Holy shit, I’m a complete and utter fuckwad!”
H to h: “I’m not bothering with you, Xanthe. I belong with you.”
All together now…
Worst Lines: “She reached up and tugged out her knot, her thick curls catching streaks of sunlight. It shone with a dark inner fire.” – didn’t like the ending of this sentence as it didn’t really make sense to me
H to h: “I promise you, it’s not all sex”
When I guy tells you “It’s not all about the sex” WHILST trying to change your mind about having sex with him and seducing you….it shows that IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SEX and what happens next? The woman sleeps with him
This was a love story between an author and her male book-cover model who conveniently looked like the hero in her romances.
I usually have an issue with a story with a younger H and older h (regardless of how long the age gap is) because men generally mature slower than women and my god does Oliver prove this. The amount of times he shows his immaturity by walking away from Xanthe and deliberately hurting her feelings only to go running back to apologise to her was extremely annoying!
- The number of times ‘large breasts’ was mentioned was ridiculous considering none of the times were referring to the h
- The h’s OTHER secret didn’t really fit in with the rest of the story
- Another h and H who like to tell me how cute and good-looking they are…continuously
- Didn’t like how H asked h to dress up for him…and then mentioning several times how she is not his type and how gorgeous she is when she dresses up and doesn’t look like a nerd
- After reading the H waffle on at times of his love for h I was like…
- Loved Rex and Ricki!
Sappy love story