*ARC provided by Author*
Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Maliya): 5/5
Hero (Caleb): 5/5
Average score: 5/5
Best Lines: there were so many!! Here are just a few:
H as an 8 year old: “We learnt early on in life that hope was a dangerous emotion. When it was given and then taken away, the loss of it was always like a punch in the gut.”
h’s sister to h: “It’s not the fresh air. It’s your face. It aggravates me and makes me want to commit violent acts against you.”
Aunt Trudy: “I never say anything about someone behind their back that I wouldn’t say to their face. People who do can’t be trusted”
h’s thoughts: “when I was getting my nursing degree, that I wasn’t really a “people person”. Whatever that meant.”
Worst Line: h’s thoughts: “Alarmingly, I felt my nipples tighten and pussy moisten.” (just because of the word ‘moist’)
A fantastic love story between a strong, curvy and feisty 27yr old women and a hot, alpha-male (firefighter) who is also an amazing family guy aged 28yrs!
I cannot recommend this book enough! It was truly brilliant and this is coming from an extremely picky romance reader!!
- Loved Niki, can’t wait for her story!
- I needed to give Caleb a hug when I read about his childhood…his older brother was also brilliant. Being an eldest sibling myself I know only too well the struggles we face when looking after our younger brothers and sisters
- Absolutely adored the Jameson family… I want an Aunt Debbie!
- It was a smoking hot read!
- Completely agreed with “Addie’s Five Official Commandments When In A Relationship”
- Aunt Trudy will always be a special woman