*ARC provided by Author*
Beware of Spoilers!
Heroine (Skye): 3 stars (too perfect for me)
Hero (Clayton): 4 stars
Plot: 3 stars
Grovel: none although the H was on his knees at one point but that’s because he misjudged something and it ended up leaving me feeling like he was a wuss
HEA: no epilogue but they never broke up since they got together at the beginning so no big payoff at all
Triggers: h was raped and beaten in the past
Average score: 3/5
Best Quote: H to h: “I love you Skye. If at any time you feel that I am not giving you a choice or infringing your free will, kick me and tell me I am being an ass”
Worst Quote: h’s description of herself – “With my slim figure, hair, tits and lips I am a walking talking Barbie doll.”
Story of a millionaire businessman and a millionaire artist who are both good-looking (I know because it’s mentioned quite a lot!). It is love at first sight. No major conflicts in the story. They meet, fall in love and get married….simple.
I did find myself skipping chunks in the middles because the story was dragging. At one point I felt it was over because they both said they loved each other and got engaged and there were no other issues….like seriously NO OTHER ISSUES!
- Regardless of the intention, it is annoying to read both the H and h describe themselves as good-looking and they don’t do it just once….let’s be real
- Did not like the H calling the h ‘baby’ every time they have sex…she does have a name!
- Loved that the H was the first to admit he had fallen in love
- Art is great but I find it hard to believe that a sci-fi artist has the same celebrity status as pop-stars…so much so than even 10yr boys know who she is, paparazzi stalk her and she has millions of pounds!
- Some BDSM elements in the story but they were a hit and miss for me